It's a constant aspect of being a home owner (or really anyone in general) that sometimes gets overlooked or just neglected. You use plumbing every day, it's really impossible not to. Washing your hands, taking a shower, flushing the toilet, etc. It all requires a proper plumbing system, and it requires that everything is working correctly.
- Leaking pipes: Maybe obvious, but the point here is that sometimes a leaking pipe will be located in an area that you don't normally see. But, when that pipe continues to leak, you can guarantee that you'll notice soon when the water is on the floor or running down the walls.
- Hot water heaters: It's easy to forget about, because it's normally in the garage or a small closet that you normally don't look at. But it's very important to check it's condition and be aware of it's age. A busted hot water heating can be devastating.
- Faulty Faucets. Again, obvious issue. And it's something you should see (and hear) if it's there. The important thing to remember is to get it fixed ASAP.
- Running toilets: A very common issue, that can normally be corrected by the homeowner. But just like faucets, if you don't take care of the problem immediately, running toilets will begin to run up your water bill.
- Clogs, build-ups, sewer problems, etc.